THE OTHER SIDE (poem)

Your smile and that look could turn a bad switch on
Beautiful beyond measure your beauty outshined all
And though ants sting and vipers bite
You occupy a soft spot deep down my rocky heart

I thought I couldn't live without you
Live without you?_ how could I breath?
But then distance came and I saw me here without you
Who loved me more_ you or my lungs and nostrils?

Memories' hands upon my mind's eyes to see
That in this loud silence of the night all hope to love is lost
Like carcasses do when scavengers feast
Nothing really lives like feet marks on river banks, mirage and lust

Truly nothing lasts forever like beauty
Maybe that's why we die cuz life is beautiful
From a baby's dimpled cheeks to tears of the aged
All once begotten and beloved passes on on life's stage

Though the sun shines and butterflies fly
It turns to hide the light while bats fly
Putting to rest our works from the morning
While what once shone with life retreats and becomes blurry

__Prince Jeremiah Kadiri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I QUIT!

THAT PILE OF SHIT IS YOUR BEST SHOT

TEAR DROPS FROM A SLICED ONION