NOTHINGNESS

Oh Death, take me into your embrace
Caress my soul in your enclave
And take life's light off my sight
Deep into the dark where it all began

Eyes closed, prayers said
I laid still awaiting the imminent end
But "kukuruku" pierced like a new sword to awaken my earlobes
Lo! am gripped by the dawning cold

Hiss precedes sighs for its dawn when babies cry
Cowardice beclouds you oh Death!
For ye has no power of thine
Yet takes no orders from man

It's another race today
And from all walks of life, races and gender
We race from dust to dust
Meeting nothing but nothingness as our home

Whilst we are dead awaiting
Death conforms not to none but Predestination
As a slave to his Master
Toil but rest for nothing really lives like foot marks on river banks

__Prince Jeremiah Kadiri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I QUIT!

THAT PILE OF SHIT IS YOUR BEST SHOT

TEAR DROPS FROM A SLICED ONION