THE GRUMPY ELECTORATE (poem)

These thieves that steal away my smile
So generous they gift me with haplesness
They come not when they like
They come through my thumb's mindlessness

Not even the subtle touch of a lass
Can relieve me from this sad euphoria
Nor will the sweetness of wine refuse to drown
Me_ oh when now my body is weak and heart is sombre

Nothing seem fine but I nod in affirmative
Faking smiles to show a dimple
Being stingy with sad information
For saying 'it's well' is rather simple

In dire my heart desires that which is in the future's womb
In patience I keep wishing that my dreams put to birth
How soon? I can't tell but hopes it's soon
Soon enough to grace my hands while I still draw breath

Numerous wants, no resource to put plans to action
My home is killing_killing me like I've been placed on death roll
No plans for me like am a stranger_ how can I live my passion
Am so like nothing without a home and without a role

This is the truth_ sad and bitter_ I am bitter so they forsake me
From Camouflage to Baba-riga they never loved me I won't say they hate me
I've been in the sun to in red chambers give them comfort
Oh! my thumb's print gave them the power to relegate me

__Prince Jeremiah Kadiri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I QUIT!

THAT PILE OF SHIT IS YOUR BEST SHOT

TEAR DROPS FROM A SLICED ONION