Deep

I'm a poem.
I'm versatile.
I mean a lot differently,
To a lot of different people.

But
I'm not tied to these meanings_
These different interpretations of me.
I'm only answerable to the me
That I know I am and can be.

While
Judge a book by its content
Not by its cover, they say,
What choice had the book
In its own publishing? I ask.

Maybe
What you see is what you are,
good, bad, sweet or bitter.
I, like a book, am nothing
until you either write me off
or otherwise.

I'm a poem
About which you say what you know,
From your knowledge of who you are.

_Jeremiah Kadiri
        07/05/019

Comments

Anonymous said…
Like I will always say,I only allow people to know that which I allow them know...You Don't judge a book by it's cover Dats quite true,but u don't also judge a book by itss content because sometimes, the content may also deceive you.

Popular posts from this blog

A THROWBACK

TEAR DROPS FROM A SLICED ONION

AREN'T WE SIMPLY MAD?