THE LIE


My strength is in the fact that I know my weaknesses
My weakness is in the fact that I’m strong
Perhaps too strong.
My heart, a fortress, forged from
The broken pieces of my past
And cemented by the tears
of a mind that has fears.

Pain? I feign to fear not.
For even the strongest of my body parts
Have bled blood.
And so, to imagine what’s worse,
 I dare not.

This is my illness
A strange normalcy of self-centeredness.
Wrapped in numbing  numbness
That is now branded with the term
Self love.

I’m on your screen, in luxury.
My voice? so eloquent.
My pictures on papery pages,
My social appearances so frequent.

But,
You’ll never get to meet me
Nor know my truth.
For its all about what you see
Not what it is.

I am a Lie!


_Jeremiah Kadiri
      26/07/019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I QUIT!

THAT PILE OF SHIT IS YOUR BEST SHOT

TEAR DROPS FROM A SLICED ONION