Ilekeruwa



If I was you, I'd be me writing this to and for me.

So please,

Permit me to be you today my dear.


FROM ME TO ME

I love this self,
Though I had no say in its making.
Despite the pricks and tears,
I'm glad for its Maker in its making.

I'm told how beautiful this looks,
But, don't I know better?
Like knowledge, am called a treasured book.
I'm a goal, they are getters!

From my Dawning Dawn
To my Sunny Sun,
I've beamed radiance
Even on undeserving scums.

Pardon,
my diction
But
Spare me a little 'me time' to
Be a 'Proud Lass!'

For

It's my day from a far away day
When I bobbed from mummy's onion.
They say I cried

So,

On this day
From this ray
To its terminator,
Allow me to upon my
Downtimes be a tormentor!

Hurrey!

Let me torment
Them with glee
Let even death
Agree
That life looks good on me!

For I am
Ilekeruwa!

Jeremiah Kadiri
28/07/019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I QUIT!

THAT PILE OF SHIT IS YOUR BEST SHOT

TEAR DROPS FROM A SLICED ONION