Decide

When the chips are down
When my dreams drown
When all is unwell
When life is a living hell

When there's none to call
When the sun seem to fall
when my strength breaks
When all my fears seem to wake

When no one sees me
When even I disbelieve me
when my sins begin to kill me
When my kin won't lift me

When life seem a lie
When death is a sure route to take
When I'm jeered at for a good laugh
when it seem like too much to take

I remember
I remember
I remember that
I've chosen the wrong side

That I've lived in self pity
That for too long have I craved for sympathy
That now as always
I can decide which side to take

I tell myself to not let the man in mirror
Sulk and wallow in pains
Never to feel inferior
For I must choose between pity and gains.

__ Jeremiah Enaholo A. Kadiri
                   06/08/018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I QUIT!

THAT PILE OF SHIT IS YOUR BEST SHOT

TEAR DROPS FROM A SLICED ONION