Local Politics

On Edo Politics Today
Victor Okhaimo has this to say

THE CURRENT EDO POLITICAL IMPASSE – WHERE I STAND:

The political atmosphere in Edo State in the past few weeks assumed a very interesting dimension wherein one is forced to do a critical appraisal and thorough assessment of the situation before taking sides or charting any course.

I  have been inundated with numerous calls and messages seeking to know my stand and viewpoint from the alleged thugs invasion of Edo University Iyamoh, to the disagreement between Adams Oshiomhole and his estranged political godson and finally to the decamping of Pastor Osagie Ize Iyamu who everyone knows is my political leader to whom I accord great respect and for whom I made enormous though unsuccessful sacrifices to see his emergence as Governor of Edo State in 2016.

Firstly, the action of some political enthusiasts and loyalists of a faction of the APC wherein the prestigious Edo University Iyamoh was invaded on the day of its maiden convocation to the embarrassment of visitors and to the chagrin of other stakeholders is condemnable by every standard. As a proud and illustrious son of Iyamoh I have been briefed by the leadership of the community and I wish to state unequivocally that on this unfortunate incidence, I stand with my brother Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and on behalf of the community we express our regrets and apologize to the Oba of Lagos and other dignitaries who witnessed the unfortunate incidence. This action is not only primitive and barbaric but also does not represent any known or established principle of political civilization. Iyamoh people are known to be civilized, enlightened and peace loving but at the same time need not be provoked.

I may not be able to speak from good authority about the current feud between the political gladiators within the APC in Edo State and therefore may not have the capacity to comment on the crisis. Though as a casualty of the then super cozy relationship Adams Oshiomhole and his political and his godson I am seen as an interested party in all of these. However, as an advocate of peace, I can only appeal to all the parties in this impasse to shield their swords and allow peace to reign. Irrespective of our political alliances, the interest of the Edo people must not be jeopardized in our quests to grab political powers more so when some people are happily and heavily benefitting from this political warfare to their selfish advantages.

Lastly and interestingly, the change in the political platform of my leader Pastor Andrew Osagie Ize Iyamu, is surprising and comes unexpected even though we know him to be a political strategist and a master of the game. My adventure into the murky waters of politics comes with very high level of morality, ethics, dignity, discipline and self-respect and this has made it very difficult to decide where I would stand in all these alignments, realignments and misalignments. The exit of Pastor Ize Iyamu from any political group especially in Edo State naturally creates an unfillable vacuum whether we accept it or not. This fact alone has thrown me into some sort of disarray and confusion even though I can attest to the fact that within the PDP exists leadership attitudes capable of jettisoning the principle of internal democracy, equity and fairness for which the party ought to have existed. I have been a major victim of these manipulations which have caused me enormous political setbacks for which I have also openly condemned. If we in the PDP believe that power truly belongs to the people, the people alone should determine who leads them. Until we accept this obvious position, The PDP would continue to remain in docile opposition.

In the midst of all these, my conscience currently battles between the glaring reality of being a MORAL POLITICIAN or MATERIAL POLITICIAN especially when I yearn and stand for governance that seeks to cater for the welfare and interest of the people to whom I truly owe my loyalty and allegiance.

There lie three (3) options before me and my political group: To remain in PDP or To move to other parties which include but not restricted to APC or To Quit politics in its entirely. Our decision and next political move would be determined by our various support groups and critical stakeholders after due consultations soonest.

While stating without equivocation that I remain dedicated to the PDP, I have decided to also proceed on a very short political sabbatical that would enable me reflect thoroughly without emotions and take the best decision that suits my people and I.

My name is Comrade Victor Okhaimo, I am an advocate of good governance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I QUIT!

THAT PILE OF SHIT IS YOUR BEST SHOT

TEAR DROPS FROM A SLICED ONION