untitled

And so a loud silence pierced the marrows of every red blooded Nigerian that was watching.
Yes, for the first time we all agreed to unanimously maintain a fierce quietude cum raised eyelids. Wishing in unison that the referee would blow in our favour despite the obvious foul committed by our very own.

So, the replay came on and on until we were all certain the ref's verdict, though just, would be detrimental to a day's win we never even anticipated in the first place. Yes. None of us saw it coming.
But then we weren't deterred. As the ice man positioned the ball, I felt a chill but the beat of my heart was hell bent on warming up the rush that filled my pulse. We all were literally in this together _no tribe, religion, political party, boy, man, girl, woman, elder, youth, civil servant, force man/woman and what have you. The only bias was this, Nigeria should not concede a goal and even if, Nigeria should win. Yes Win! Winning was the goal!

And discourse we were winning but the inspiration here was the look in Uzoho's face that was giving me 'Assurance' in Davido's voice. You know I don't like to brag but here despite the sure free goal opportunity (by penalty kick) awarded Iceland, the guy behind me broke the silence and casually said, 'the guy self dey fear, Na trowey e go trowey this one'.
The rest is history.

Why am I even saying all these seff!?
Ehen! I don remember.
2019 is nigh. Get your voters's card.
This energy cannot waste like that.

__Jeremiah Kadiri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I QUIT!

THAT PILE OF SHIT IS YOUR BEST SHOT

TEAR DROPS FROM A SLICED ONION